Thursday, September 10, 2009

"You Lie!"



It's been quite the week for presidential speeches. On Tuesday President Obama gave a controversial speech to school kids, where he told them to stay in school and study hard.

Then last night he delivered a rare address to both houses of congress. The topic, as I'm sure you know by now...Health Care Reform.

If you missed it, click here to check out the speech for yourself (But bring some popcorn, because it runs around 50 min).

One of the most talked about parts of the speech wasn't the details that the President gave, but instead was when Rep Wilson (R-SC) yelled out "You Lie!"

While not entirely impartial, here is a nice little summery of the debate:




What did you think of the speech? Do you think health care reform will be passed? Do you think we need it?


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are a professional blogger. This is a nice looking and very interesting blog. I am going to tell my students to respond to your blog when I teach. Perhaps you can grade them for me too.;) I think health care reform will pass eventually. I don't know if it will pass this time. I think we need to do something but I am not sure that we have looked at all the options or even the best option. Anyway great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. A great blog. Love the title. Thank you, Mr. President, for expanding our political vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete